About

OUR PHYSICIANS SPECIALIZE IN MANY AREAS

In 1949, Robert J. Freedman, Sr., M.D. opened his internal medicine and cardiology practice in a single office inside the Guaranty Bank Building of Alexandria, LA. After seven years in solo practice, he was joined by the late Dr. Mervin Perdue, and later by Drs. M.L. Godley and Robert Morrison.

Due to demand for more space, the clinic moved first to the Fireside Plaza, where it was known as the Fireside Clinic of Internal Medicine, and then to its present location at 1337 Centre Court, where it was renamed the Freedman Clinic of Internal Medicine, in honor of its founder.

 
 
Our clinic has been proud to provide high-quality
care for individuals and families since 1949.
The Freedman Clinic is now the largest pure internal medicine clinic in the state of Louisiana, comprised of board-certified and/or board-eligible specialists and subspecialists in general internal medicine, gastroenterology, family medicine, pediatrics, infectious diseases, sleep medicine, and nephrology.

All of our physicians are active staff members at Rapides Regional Medical Center and CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria. Since the clinic’s inception, the physicians and staff of the Freedman Clinic have endeavored to provide the very best in services to patients and their referring physicians.
A MULTISPECIALTY GROUP OF PHYSICIANS
TREATING PATIENTS OF ALL AGES